Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Finding The Frenchman

As I said in an earlier post, I had been told by an uncle that there was French in the family somewhere. It took me awhile to find it, but when I did, there was no doubt. I simply found another tree and bridged the gap. I had actually seen the tree before, and it included my mom, grandparents and other names I had already known and mentioned here already. This is that tree and this is the site it is connected to. Once I realized what I had stumbled into, I was quite surprised! I communicated with someone from the site and shared copies of the Bible records and papers I had gotten from my family, and I suppose that made it official that I am a descendant of Johannes de la Montagne! 
The connection I had to make was through Clarinda Nace (Nase), who I mentioned and shared a photo of in an earlier post. Clarinda is my 3rd great grandmother and she was married to John A. McCluer. Clarinda's mother was Polly Montanye, who was the 4th great granddaughter of Johannes. Johannes Mousnier de La Montagne is my 10th great grandfather.
I made a chart to help me see this better and am picturing it below. 

My Descent from Jean Mousnier de La Montagne, aka Johannes de La Montagne, aka Doctor Johannes de La Montagne ending with my gr gr grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment